Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Nebulas in a jar!


 
My  granddaughter, Bri, spent
the weekend with me and we
decided to play with some nebulas!
I'm not sure what I think about them,
they sure didn't turn out like the pictures
I saw, but every nebula is different, right?
The point is that we had a blast.  Now
she wants to do another project.
I told her she had to find the next
one to try!
 
I found out something interesting, though.
These "mason jars" were the invention of 
James Landis Mason.  . 
Among other common names for them are  
Ball jars, after Ball Corporation
an early and prolific manufacturer of the jar.
Here's the most interesting thing I
found out last night from a friend of
mine.  "Ball state university"
here in Indiana was named for
the Ball corporation.
So that's your trivia for the day.
 
Sorry I haven't posted lately, I have
been very tired due to an old dog
who apparently doesn't know day
from night...He gets me up at 430
in the morning pretty much every
day no  matter how much I limit his water
and how late I take him out before bed.
He has also taken to not wanting
to go to sleep at night.  
Needless to say, I haven't been
feeling very creative.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...