Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New year!

New year's eve I get ready to
go to the store and the car won't
start!  It needed a new battery.  I got
roadside assistance to come jump
it and then some friends met me at
Walmart to take me  home while
I waited.  On the way home we
stopped at the local winery and
did some wine tasting so they
could get a late Christmas gift.
I've never done that before and
it was fun!  I'm not much of a wine
person but I did enjoy the blueberry
wine.  And I don't even like blueberries!!

No internet all day yesterday.  That was
annoying, but I need to keep these
things in perspective.  It came on
around 4 am.  How do I know
this?  Because my dog got me
up at 4 am....This is getting
very old.



But as I've said before, my muse
is active early in the morning (although
four in the morning is early even 
for her) so I got a chance to make
a couple cards I've had floating
in my  head.  This one is pretty much
blatantly copied.  Just a bit of
tweaking here and there, but the idea
is the same as hers.  You have
to get your ideas somewhere!



I love how this turned out.  I wish
I could have used the entire flourish
but it was just too big for the
card and would have covered the
"just because".  I need to use
kraft paper more often.  I like how
it looks, especially paired with black.

I hope everyone had a great new year's
eve and let's expect good things 
in 2016!  It's got to get better, doesn't it?!
You have to look for the good even
when it's hard to find....

Also, I've noticed that the blog is
posting at very early morning hours.
Apparently that's the server time
because I'm certainly not posting at 2
or 3 am, LOL!

2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...