Sunday, December 11, 2016

S. N. O. W.

Not a happy camper today.  Yesterday
they said 6-8 inches.  Today they
are saying 7-10.  Make up your minds,
guys.  It's not snowing too hard yet, 
maybe and inch and half on the ground,
but it's supposed to pick up.  I'm
not going to church today for that reason
and also because my engine started
making funky noises yesterday and
then the oil light came on.  Naturally.
I was planning on getting the oil
changed next week.  So hopefully
Cody will be able to bring by a
quart of oil to put in until I can get it
to the shop tomorrow.  (insert mad
face here)  What a nice time for
this to happen.  I don't think the
oil light has ever come on before.  I
hope I didn't damage something else
running over that curb.  (insert another
mad face here).  I can't afford this.

Enough of my troubles.  Here is the
card I made for my friend Dianne
who also asked me for the anniversary
card.  She asked for 3 cards to give
to someone as a gift.  Not a problem!


I'm happy with how this came out.
I thought I had some tiny dragonfly
dies, but I guess I was thinking of
stamps, not dies.  All I had was a
big one.  So I went with the butterflies
instead.  I love the cream on cream
with embossing.  It looks elegant.  
Maybe I should have made the
flowers in blacks and whites.  Now
that would really have been elegant.
I will have to make another card
like that.  Muse, thy name is
Reflections and where the heck 
have you been anyway?
 
So I am planning on hunkering down
under my blanket with a warm dog
and watching some movies on pureflix.
 
Happy Sunday!
 

2 comments:

  1. The card is indeed elegant! Stay warm & safe! How old is your car? Sometimes the warning lights don't work either?! Let's hope the oil is just low not empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The car is a 2002. I am guessing it's just low. It's past due for an oil change. The light just flashed twice, not staying on, so I think that means low. I hope!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...