Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I survived!

The snow storm is over and everyone
survived it.  I had to get the shovel
out because the snowblower is so
temperamental.  My shoulder
isn't happy.  It's been very chaotic
here. My dad had to drive my mom
to  hospital in the storm.  They think
she's been  having "mini strokes" also
known as TIA's.  Which aren't "real"
strokes in the sense that they don't
cause brain damage, but can be
a precursor.  For some reason they
are keeping an eye on her heart as
well.  Dementia has also been
mentioned.  Good luck getting her
anywhere for an evaluation.  My dad
spent the night so he wouldn't
have to drive all the way back home.
So we had a nice evening.  I don't know
if she will be coming home today or not.

Then there was a minor issue
with the car which I think has been
resolved.  Hopefully.

All that to say that I didn't really
get to making any cards.  So here is
one I made last night which I'm
super happy with.


I finally got to use one of the
dragonflies I had cut.    I need to
make one more for Dianne to give
to her friend and I'm also planning
on making a nice box to put them
in.
 
It occurred to me the other day that
as much as I don't like winter, cold
and snow (and everyone knows that!),
it is the same as the end of our lives.
We die and then are reborn into a
beautiful place.  Like the trees, grass,
etc., die and are reborn in the spring.
I am not saying I like winter any more 
than I ever did.  It's just an observation!
 
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...