Friday, December 16, 2016

Pretty in pink

I never saw that movie.  I'm not
sure why, I just never had a desire
to, I guess.  And pink is not my
favourite colour, but it's what I
had on hand right at the moment
and I didn't feel like looking
for another colour.


I'm fairly happy with it.  At first I
had the inside just plain white and I knew
something was wrong with that.  It
looked very  unfinished.  So I came up 
with a corner treatment on the right
side.  The card doesn't stay closed
by itself but it will stand up nicely.
 
My dad said my mom seems to be a 
bit happier since she found out Robin
is coming for christmas, except for
the panic of not having the house
"just right".  She has always been
that way, but it's worse because she
can't get around physically like she
used to ever since she had the hip
surgery 5 years ago.  Robin has talked
her into taking her pills.  Whereas my
dad and I fly off the handle easily, Robin
has negotiating skills after being a paralegal
most of her life.  Of course, the doctor's
word doesn't mean a hill of beans to
mom because they don't know what 
they're talking about, don't know her
body, etc,. etc.  It's frustrating on a good
day.  I don't know what is coming.  I
don't know how long this process has
been going on and how long it will last.
I don't know how to act, react, even
pray.  I don't have a clue how or what
to pray.  And as with John, I think I'm 
going through anticipatory grief.  I
have always hoped that some day my
mom and I could find our way to a 
halfway decent relationship. Now I
know for a fact that that will never
happen.  There's no hope where that
is concerned.  It's hard to accept
all the way around.  I guess I just
have to trust that when I fall God
will catch me because I don't
feel very steady on my feet right now.
 

1 comment:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...