Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Merry Christmas banners

I got some pretty silver pointsettias
yesterday from a swap and thought
of a great card to make with one.


I wish I'd have put it up higher but
I was paying attention to the glue that
was drying quickly and not to the placement
of the flower and banners.  Oh well.  It still
looks nice and there's glitter everywhere,
now, including, probably, me.
 
How nice will that be for my doctor
to see, huh?  I see my kidney doctor
today and I am hoping for good news
again.  Last year he said he thought
my kidneys were healing themselves-
something that NEVER happens- and
he was as surprised as I was, maybe
moreso since he knows more about
it than me.  Does God perform miracles
in this day and age?  Of course.  Can He
heal people?  Most certainly.  Did I think
it would ever happen to me?  No.  So
I will be grateful for a status quo
report and am praying for more than
that.  Only God knows and whatever
the outcome I know He is in control
and I trust that He knows what
is best for me.  Some people
would say, how would kidney disease,
cancer, or other things be what is
best for us and if God can heal someone
why doesn't he?  Why does he let these
things  happen in the first place?
It's all easy to answer in my mind.
A fallen world.  Sin.  God didn't create
the world this way.  He didn't want us to
suffer and die.  But He also uses these
things.  In ways we may not even
know about.  I do know and
fully believe that if John  had not
gotten cancer he would never have
been saved.  I also know that the
gall bladder attack I had is how I found
out I had kidney disease.  If not for
that I would probably have been on
dialysis by now.  Or worse.  So God does
use things even though it pains Him
that we have to go through them
in the first place.  He suffers with us
in illness and grieves with us when a
loved one dies.  And He never, ever
leaves us.  Even, as I said yesterday, when
we don't necessarily feel Him there, He
is always by our side.  It's best not to
trust our feelings in those situations
because it's a perfect time for Satan to
come in and try to turn our mind to
thoughts that Jesus isn't really there,
doesn't love us, etc.  That's where FAITH
comes in.  John had a hard time with that.
He always said he was from Missouri, the
show me state.  That's why it's called Faith.
God does show us things sometimes, but
other times we just have to trust Him.
So that's what I'm doing today, I'm
trusting Him that no matter what the
outcome of the tests, He is with me.
Always.
 
Happy Wednesday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...