Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ugly sweater

Everyone is jumping on the ugly sweater
bandwagon so I figured I may as well
ride it, too.  This is THE ugliest card
I have ever made, not even including 
the ugly sweater and I will probably
throw it away after this, but at least I
can say I made one!


Didn't I warn  you?!
 
Yesterday I was reading a devotion
from the book "Jesus calling".  I love that
devotion book.    Something really caught
me up as I was reading:
 
"Whenever you feel distant from me say
"Surely the Lord is in this place" (Gen. 28:16)
Then ask me to give you awareness of my
presence.  This is a prayer I delight to answer."
 
Sometimes God seems so far away and I
try to find him.  I've always heard that if
God seems far away it's your fault not
His.  So I start to despair not being able
to feel His presence.  I have never before
thought to ASK Him to help me be aware
of Him.  It seems so simple, really, but
something I never thought of.  It was 
kind of a light bulb moment for me. 
 
My sister's boss' wife was just diagnosed
with an inoperable brain tumor.  I hope
everyone will say a quick prayer for
Chris and Rebecca.  Thanks.  She's only
42 and they have two children aged 7 and 9.
Very sad situation.  There are days when
I just can't wait for God to come back so
all this horror will be over.  I am anxiously
awaiting His return always, but some
days I feel more desperate to have
all of this over with.

In the meantime, Happy Tuesday!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...