Thursday, September 24, 2015

Time goes by so quickly.

I made this card a long time ago. There are times when I look at cards I have made in the past and wonder if I really made them.  Some are terrible.  Some, like this one, I like a lot.  The diamond pattern in the center is using a template called diamond folds.  You trace, then cut it and fold.  It's really quite easy.  Made on vellum paper then backed with mirror cardstock.  I need to use that more often.  I think it creates a striking card.  makes it look much more than it really is, LOL.

Tonight is the Hospice memorial service.  I went last year, but the Chaplain called and said if I wanted to go this year they would say John's name again and I could light a candle.  I can't believe he's been gone a year and a half.  My life has changed so much.  Not just because he died, but because of the whole experience and how God has brought me through to now.  I have met so many new and wonderful people; made some amazing friends.  God uses everything for good.  His good.  I can't say enough about Hospice.  The nurses are so kind and gentle.  They provide people to stay with your loved one if you want to get out for a little while.  They provide a social worker to help you get through it.  Grief group, Chaplains, you name it.  They are not  just there for the person who is at the end of their life, but also for the family for the next year if you want to avail yourself of their services.  It's a hard thing to go through, no doubt.  But Hospice makes it just a little easier to bear.  They help you understand the "process" ( how I hate that word.  It's used for everything involved, but there's no other word that conveys the meaning quite the same).  It's just an awesome  program.  I miss John.  But I choose to be grateful for the time we had together, not resentful of the time we've lost.  And the best thing of all was that he was Saved.  I'll talk about that another time because it was a very special experience.



2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...