Saturday, September 26, 2015

A cute new stamp and a wonderful story

OK, now this is not a great card because I wasn't in the mood.  But I wanted to use this stamp that I got on clearance for 1.98!  usually an 8.00-10.00 stamp.
isn't it cute?  I have several like this.

I did finish a set, though.  
I could not get a clear sharp picture for some reason,
but you get the idea.  these are stitched.
Yesterday I ran into the bank. (It hurt quite a lot! )  A  lady who helped John and I get our financial affairs in order when he got sick was there so I stopped in to say hello.  She asked how I was and said, "You're smiling!"  I am smiling these days.  You can't mourn all the time and it wouldn't honour John if I did.  After all, Paul said:  

13But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.… (I Thessalonians 4: 13-14)

So that brings me to the story I spoke of a couple days ago.  Friends of ours, a doctor and his wife, came to visit John probably about once a week when he got sick.  Of course, one of the main reasons was to tell him of God's love and Salvation.  John wasn't saved.  One day (August 14, 2013 to be exact) They came to visit and when Greg opened his Bible, John got a mischievous smile on his face and said, "I decided to put my hand in His."  Greg just looked at him.  Ruth looked at me and I looked at her.  She said, "Did he say what I think he did?"  What an amazing and blessed surprise!  I praised God more than I ever have that day.  After his first chemo, John nearly died.  I literally BEGGED God not to let him die.  I couldn't bear the thought that he would die before he was saved.  God honoured that request and when John said that, I was  beyond grateful to a merciful God.  It still brings tears to my eyes.  So do I miss him?  Yes!  Do I  mourn him?  Yes!  Do I mourn like there is no hope?  NO!  Because I know where he is, who he is with and that I will see him again some day!

3 comments:

  1. wonderful, and beautiful story. You know you are not suppose to make me cry so early in the morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, sorry. Hope it didn't hurt your knee! ;) But I'm glad you were moved by it.

      Delete
  2. Somehow, I missed this posting. That is a wonderful story! Glad you're smiling.
    I have a poem that I'll share with you. (when I can figure out how to do that!)

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...