Sunday, May 1, 2016

Soggy Sunday

I want to state clearly that I 
am not complaining.  Two things
are good about a soggy day:
it's not snowing and I don't
have to mow the lawn!  I don't
mind mowing, but I'm not
going to cry about not being
able to do it either!


This card was made with some
feathers that a friend sent me.  The green
is home made glimmer mist which
actually came out well.  You can't
really see the glimmer on the picture,
but in "real life" it shimmers in the
light.  I used perfect pearls to make
it.  I was skeptical at first, and it seemed
like a pain in the neck, but I was
surprised at how well it turned out!
 
I'm going to church in Waterloo again
today.  It's about half an hour away,
but I enjoy watching my teacher sign
the service.  There aren't any Deaf
people at the moment, but since it
is advertised in the paper as
being interpreted, you never know
when a Deaf person might be sitting
in the back.  I mean, it's not
like they wear a sign saying,
"I'm Deaf".  So it's interesting
and I learn quite a bit because I'm
still not very good at "receptive"
which just means I don't understand
a lot of what is signed to me.  But
being able to hear and see at the
same time is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...