Sunday, January 3, 2016

Flourishes galore

Happy Sunday!  I always look
forward to church to watch Sam
sign and also to try to sign 
some of the songs.  I  may have
gotten myself into something....
I told her that the next time
we sing "Happy day" that
I will stand next to her and
sign, since I know most of it.
They just sang it about 2 weeks
ago, so I figure I'm relatively
safe.  But since I opened my
big mouth, you  never know.
God has such a strange
sense of humour sometimes!!


I love this flourish stamp!  This 
technique is called triple
time stamping.  It ends up
to be really beautiful in
my opinion, but you have to be
careful to use a stamp that can
be easily lined up.  This is not
necessarily one of those, but
it came together pretty well.  I
think it looks so complicated, but
is so easy to do.  It's a kind of
card, in my opinion, that is said
to have a "wow!" factor.  So
easy, yet looks so hard to do.


I also love to blend
 distress inks.  It is so pretty.
I think if I make a card like
 this again, I might make 
the front smaller and add a
second mat behind it.  I think 
it would stand out more that way.
But it's OK the way it is, too.

Today would have been
John's 69th birthday.  I wish
he were here to celebrate with
us, but I know he's celebrating
with Jesus and all the Angels
in Heaven.  What a
birthday party that must be!


No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...